Friday, September 9, 2011

Planting Seeds of Joy and Encouragement


A Small Daily Dose of Devotion ....

My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness. Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (MSG)

Have you ever felt like you were at the end of your rope? What should I do? Where should I turn? All of have had this experience in life.

Thomas Jefferson once said, "When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."

When you feel as if you have reached your limit - the end of the rope - what do you do? Where do you turn. I know what I do - I turn to God. I pray without ceasing, knowing He is in control. I know through life that He gives me experiences - some good, some not. The "not so good" experiences are to make me stronger in my faith, dependent upon God and His strength.

What do I do? I look up at the sky. Have you ever really just looked at the sky - it goes on forever and ever, never ending. When I need to be reminded of "God's control in my life", the sky is a perfect reminder. God is the Almighty One - always in control. The sky reminds me of just how big God really is - His love for me. His grace and mercy for me. - A never ending Guide.

If God can make the universe and everything in it, can you imagine what kind of control He can have in our life if we just let Him? WOW! Powerful? You bet.

The next time, you are having doubts or your faith is wavering, look to the sky - imagine the sky as God's outstretched hands protecting you, watching over, reminding you that He is in control. * 
Have a Wonderful Day!

Almost every day on Facebook, I try to plant a small seed of joy - a posted Bible verse. I know that many of you may not be my Facebook "friend" but maybe you could use a daily dose of encouragement too. This is a new feature that I am going to try to remember to add on my blog daily and if time allows (my time with God and my family always come first), I will try to expand on the post.

Country FarmHouse Blessings,
       ~*♥*~  Lori  ~*♥*~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All Content Copyright of American Country FarmHouse 2010. Image provided by Google. Powered by Blogger.